Thursday 8 January 2009

Number 2.

Vintage.





For the past couple of years I spend more of my money in vintage outlets rather than commercial shops. It's great finding items of clothing that are unusual, for prices that would only enable you to purchase a plain white t-shirt in high street stores. I got the above dress for 10 pounds, it's 4 sizes bigger than my usual dress size but looks great now that I've cut it and wrap a belt round when I wear it. The dress has an 80's feel to it, with wide shoulders, however the detailing on the dress is so intricate that it adds a touch of glamour. I intend to wear it as a top also, with some black skinny jeans and high high heels.. While the snake necklace was only 5 pounds. I've always been drawn to snake jewellery, I think it stems from when I was younger and used to adore my mothers snake necklace which I used to play dress up with.

The best place for vintage clothing is ebay, as you have clothing from the whole world at your fingertips. I managed to pick up a long leather coat for only 18 pounds which included postage and packaging!!!! (pics will come).

No comments:

Post a Comment