Thursday 8 January 2009

Number 4.

Independent Book Shops.
I have enjoyed reading many many during 2008, ranging in subject matter and genre, therefore I was unable to choose my favourite book of 2008. Instead I encompassed all the books, I enjoy discovering independent book shops that ooze character and feel as though they have a story to tell. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of England where the small independent book shops have become a thing of the past and replaced with larger chain-store book shops.
However, I do stock up on books when I go to Cambridge or Oxford, which have an abundance of book shops that offer discounted books. One of my favourite book shops is in Liverpool, I discovered it a few years back while I was at university there and I particularly love the Shakespeare & Co book store in Paris. It not only has a great history attached to it but visitors are able to sleep above the shop in exchange for a few hours work in the book shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment