Monday 5 January 2009

Number 6.


Carine Roitfeld.
From the age of 18 I purchased every single issue of Britih Vogue, however since October 2008I have not brought a copy. I find that the editorials are no longer interesting and do not try to push fashion forward or bring new concepts to it's audience. In contrast French Vogue has become uncoventional in it's thinking, thanks largely to Carine Roitfeld. She has an innate ability to bring opposite styles together as she mixes couture with street culture. In regards to American editors she states that they are “very perfect. Hair is perfect, they have a manicure. They are very clean, they follow fashion. I don’t think they take many risks. They do the total look of Prada. Me, I wear a lot of Japanese piece mixed with a bit of classic Hermès and Prada. Even though jeans suit me, I never wear jeans.”
Some pictures from French Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment