Saturday 10 January 2009

Photo Walls

The concept of devoting one wall in a room to frames of photographs greatly appeals. Currently I have pictures in frames on windowsills, floors and on top of piles of books. I would love to conform them so that they become a focal point of a room. I'd integrate various frame sizes and frame detailing as it gives the wall a bit more of an eclectic feel.



This is a picture of Jodie Patterson Becler, publicist for Zac Posen, foyer wall, with her personal photographs on a piece of cork board.



I love the old style radioators, and placing pictures on the floor, it allows for greater use of space. I think wooden floors look grear but can make a room cold.













This a picture of Norweigian photographer Trine Thorsen home.




When I lived my student, we used to put our pictures in the center of one wall, like the picture above. It was an easy way to portray our pictures while providing the blank walls with a bit of life.



I love the colour of the walls and the gold frames add a touch of glamour.


{image 1 photo by Paul Costello, 2 Shoot Factory, 3 via hidden in France, 4 Pdly Wreford, 5 via Flickr, 7, Rita Konig's pictures, 8 H&H September 2008, photography by Angus Ferguson}

No comments:

Post a Comment